Social network automation should never be a substitute for interaction and engagement – but, that being said, used wisely for specific purposes, it can really help you make the most of the social arena.
Social networks are vast online places that can easily take up far too much time for little results – but Twitter in particular has inspired a surfeit of automation apps and sites. This guide will help you quickly decided which ones could work the best for your specific Twitter goals, objectives and needs. It will also help you decide why and when to automate.
Twitter Automation Products (continued)
Step 3. Mobile Twitter Apps
When you go to sign up for any stats or social media site, do check to see if it is optimized for mobile.
- Some (like Twitalyzer) are available as mobile apps
- Some aren’t
- Some are available only for particular mobiles
If you use Twitter on your mobile (and especially if your target audience does too), you will find mobile apps essential tools.
1. HootSuite for Mobile – HootSuite is one of the premiere methods of choice for managing pre-scheduled tweets. One reason: It works particularly well on mobile!
2. Birdbrain – This iPhone app used to be glitchy and prone to crashes, but when it runs well, it does a visually pleasing and excellent job of presenting stats via your mobile. And according to its fans, it is now running very well indeed.
With Birdbrain, you can track “as many accounts as you wish” and manage past and present followers, as well as find targeted Twitter users and even track statistics.
3. Tweet-r – This iPhone app is strictly for sending and scheduling tweets, but it features a powerhouse of options for doing this – including video and graphics functionality.
Its features include:
- Automatic URL shortening
- Uploading images while you are completing your tweet
- Autosave on exit (or when a call unexpectedly comes in – a really nice feature)
- Saved drafts
You can also have “many users” for one account. Cost: Currently $3.99 at the iTunes store.
Twitter Automation Conclusion
There are hundreds of Twitter apps, dashboard managers and services. These are just a few of the most popular, so we are going to leave you with a link to a Daily Tekk list of The Top 100 Twitter Tools of 2012; all nicely organized by category (and most of them still active and relevant).
Remember only to choose Twitter automation that works for your business and preferences. That’s when automation truly becomes your friend.