Using Hootsuite For Social Media Management
There are many different types of social media management systems and tools. They help you keep track of your many different social media networks, enable you to monitor social media better, and give you a way to respond faster. Whether you manage updates for your own business or you manage updates for someone else’s business, you need a simple way to monitor all the various social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, WordPress, Foursquare and more. Currently, one of the most recommended tools to use is HootSuite.
You already likely know the benefits of using social media for your business. But let’s have a bit of a refresher.
Why Use HootSuite?
Using a system like HootSuite you’ll be able to view streams of activity from all your social media accounts in one dashboard. You’ll also be able to use the software to reply directly when needed. Since it’s a cloud based tool you can use it from any computer and any location with an Internet connection.
Being able to schedule updates for future publication, post updates live, and more with HootSuite will save a lot of time and effort. If you can save time, that will give you more time to do other things that will enable you to earn more money.
- Save Time – No matter what you do there are still only 24 hours in a day. And you have a lot to do in those 24 hours. You have to take care of your family, your home, participate in your community, and sleep. Work is the means by which you can afford to do all of those things. Because those other things are so important, your work should not be taking up too much of the time in your life. Anytime you can find a way to work smarter and save time, you free up time for other activities.
- Outsource Easier – If you have a good organizational system, you can outsource more easily. Many business owners struggle with the idea of outsourcing mainly due to lack of organization. Being able to use software to organize all your marketing and publicity is a great start in enabling you to outsource.
- Terrific Dashboard – HootSuite is always upgrading their dashboard to make it easier to use, and to create better reports so that you can better identify various metrics. You’ll be able to manage all your social media in one place, connect all your social media profiles, schedule updates, communicate and collaborate with your team, and get all the reports you need. You’ll literally be able to use HootSuite for most of your social media needs.
- Mobile App Available – We all know that being able to do things on the go is an important component of making your business more flexible. You can get HootSuite for mobile, and it works on iOS and Android systems. It can do most of the features of the PC based dashboard from analytics, to scheduling, handling multiple networks, searching, and more.
- Offers a Custom Link Shortener – Working with long URLs for your blog posts, products and services can be made easier with a link shortener. URLs can help encourage clicking on links. Using special links can help keep better metrics, allow you to post more information about each link (due to the space limitations of some social media outlets), and get more information out to your followers. By using the shortener from HootSuite with Ow.ly you can get a better idea of how your links are working.
- Keeps Track of Keywords, Topics, Hashtags – Using HootSuite you can keep track of the keywords, topics, #hashtags and searches. You can even use HootSuite and RSS feeds with Twitter on multiple accounts. This is going to make it a lot easier to conduct research, post information to your accounts and more.
- Integrates with Google Analytics – You can boost your social media efforts by having an understanding of what you’re doing by looking at the analytics. Since you can integrate Google Analytics with HootSuite via your HootSuite account by opening your HootSuite account and going through the process to add your Google profile.
Using a tool like HootSuite can make it easier for you to get done all that you need to accomplish using social media to make your business better. Creating goals and objectives is only part of what you have to do when trying to manage your social media accounts. You also have to find a way to manage every aspect of your social media in an easy way.