Easy Social Media Advertising
Most businesses start using social media as a way to get in front of their customers. They believe customers will flock to them and they will see a huge growth in revenue and traffic. This is rarely what happens though. In fact, it’s been shown that the more followers or fans a company has, the less they see your updates and posts.
With social media advertising, though, customers and clients can be quickly and repeatedly exposed to your brand, remember your brand and be exposed to your deals. Adding social media advertising to your marketing strategy along with your regular interaction on social media can make a big difference in your brand’s growth.
Check out these facts compiled by http://barnraisersllc.com/2013/06/surprising-facts-and-charts-social-media-advertising/ on social media’s impact:
- At a 22% growth rate in terms of impressions, advertising on social networks is the fastest growing of all online display advertising (Source: eMarketer)
- Facebook has 500 unique customer groups. For example, you can target “cereal buyers,” “hot cereal buyers” or “fiber cereal buyers.” (Internet Retailer) (http://www.internetretailer.com/2013/04/12/social-media-ad-spending-will-reach-11-billion-2017)
- 27 different ad options are offered by Facebook to tie ads to business objectives that marketers care about like in-store sales, online conversions and app installs (Social Media Examiner)
- 92% of marketers indicated, with as little as 6 hours a week, they saw an increased exposure for their business from their social media efforts (Top Web Design Schools) (http://www.topwebdesignschools.org/selling-social/)
- 55% increase in recall is seen in Social vs. Non-Social online ads (Social Media Today) (http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/facebook-streamlines-ad-offering/)
- 53% increase in recall of Twitter ads is seen from Twitter mobile users vs. regular Twitter users (Social Media Today)
- 45% of companies using social media advertising use it for branding; 16% for direct response 25% for both (Go)
Social media advertising is expected to equal or overtake TV ad spending in the U.S. by 2017.In 2012 online ad spending surpassed print media ad spending. It’s no wonder brands are clamoring to find their space in social media advertising.
In this report, we’ll explore the benefits and advantages of advertising on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and how they compare to traditional forms of marketing.
There are many reasons you should be advertising on sites like Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn. With millions of people visiting these sites every day, you can get your message to the people who matter the most. And advertising is a cheap and measurable form of marketing.
1. Targeted audience
When you advertise on the social media platforms, you can target your ads by geography, education, interests, age, sex marital status and so much more. This way you are targeting those who are most likely to be interested in your company. Targeted advertising is more efficient than other types of advertising since you can spend you budget on the right group of consumers.
You can set a daily budget that you feel comfortable with. You can always increase or decrease you budget at any time. For a first time advertiser, start small by testing your ad’s performance by paying only when people click or see your ad.
3. Word of Mouth
Each time someone interacts with your Facebook ad, it’s shared with their followers. This means your ad is spreads quickly.
4. Find out what works and what doesn’t
You have to understand what works in order to move your business forward. Social media advertising lets you keep informed on what customers are clicking on.
5. Control of your ads
Self-service social media ads are images or copy and a link. They are quick and easy to design. You have control of your advertising budget by monitoring it daily and changing it if needed. You have control over the copy, your reach and much more with this type of ads.
6. Online campaigns
Social media ads can be used to get engagement and interaction about your traditional campaigns. For example, if you run ads on Facebook, you can entice viewers to enter a contest or competition by clicking a link, joining an event or clicking on like for your Business page.
7. Build a community
Social media is one of the best ways to build an online community for your brand. You already, hopefully, use social media to interact with your potential customers. Advertising on social media gives you the opportunity to target customers who in turn will act as your advertiser by recommending your product or services. This eventually, builds your community.
If you had doubts about the benefits of social media advertising, hopefully these advantages will help convince you how powerful it can be. It’s an inexpensive and effective way to get in front of where your customers are