What Are The Benefits Of Using Camtasia?
Video screencast software has many benefits over using other types of video software. When you want to create a video that shows step-by-step how to use some web application, or you need to train or communicate with your team or customers, video screen capture software lets you do so quickly and easily.
Some of the other benefits include:
1. Easy to use. Most screen capture software is easy to use. The free and paid versions all have various options including editing and annotating.
2. Ability to quickly create “just in time” information. Once you have an outline of what you want to include in the video, it often takes just minutes to create a finished product. Once it’s finished, you can easily share it with your team members.
4. “On demand” availability. Recordings are available to be viewed, replayed, or paused anytime for as long as they remain online.
5. Different learning styles. Screencast videos address the many different ways people learn from. Visuals and sound are the preferred method of many.
6. Short communication. Screencast videos are often short and to the point. Instead of having your clients sit through a long recorded video or recorded training video, they can instead view a short video featuring the most important parts of your product or quickly demonstrating how to use that product.
7. Personal touch. Adding the audio narration to a screen recording brings your personal touch to the video. Your tone of voice is used to reinforce important parts of the tutorial. Or you can add humor if that is your style.
8. Special effects. With screen capture software you can add callouts to bring attention to certain areas, cursor effects such as the size of the cursor, mouse clicks like mouse animations and keyboard indicators that show the keys clicked during recording. These are just a few of the wide variety of different effects you can add to your videos.
There are many benefits to using video screen capture software to create tutorials. They are easy and simple to create, giving you the benefit of allowing you to share them quickly with others. You won’t have to spend hours behind a video camera and using editing software to create a simple how-to tutorial.
Different Uses of Screen Capture Software
Screen capture software isn’t just for grabbing shots from your computer. With a little creative thinking, you can use it in many ways.
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- The most obvious is to create a tutorial video on how to use any software program.
- Use it to show how you alter images using an image-editing program.
- Create a series of videos that answer your most frequently asked questions and problems.
- Record a recurring problem you are having with your computer to show to technical support.
- Create video tutorials for a college class.
- Make a video demonstrating how to use your products or services.
- Create video-based information products that you can sell.
- Create product reviews with clickable links.
- Record tricks and shortcuts you discover when using your favorite software programs.
- Use it as an image-editing tool.
- Create videos with quizzes to help you assess your student’s understanding of the lesson.
- Create videos for students to watch anywhere.
- Create an orientation and training video for your newest staff members.
- Record and share sales presentations.
- Create custom video reports and presentations for your clients.
There are a variety of ways video capture software can be used. Use it in your marketing, product creation and for sharing information with your customers.