Tools and Ideas for Getting More Subscribers for Your Google+ Hangouts On Air Live Podcasts
There are several tools you can use to help you get more subscribers to your Google+, and then more viewers for your live events. Getting more viewers for your live events is important because the more people who view your event, the more people will get to know you, trust you, and eventually purchase from you.
• Schedule Your Event – GHOA now allows you to schedule your event into the future. By doing this you can start marketing the event via your blog, social media accounts, and Google+ accounts. You can even make a teaser video.
• Provide Excellent Content – Getting more subscribers is all about providing excellent content on your website, blog, social media accounts and in your webinars. If your audience knows you have great content in one place, they’ll assume you do in another and be more likely to watch and participate in your video podcast.
• Create Targeted Circles – In order to get more participation and subscribers to your GHOA, it’s important that you create circles that target the right audience to invite to your Hangouts. You don’t have to always invite everyone. Instead, be selective about whom you invite.
• Ask Your Community for Questions – Building up to the event day can bring some excitement when you ask people to help you by asking questions now, before the event, so you can promise answers.
• Organize the Event Well – Someone should act as a moderator so that the flow of the event goes smoothly, each guest gets equal time, and people are not talking over each other. The better organized your live event is, the better the recording will be, and the more people will come to your next live event. One thing builds on the other.
• Use Third Party Software – Software like Webinars OnAir can help you use GHOA with more features than just the free version of GHOA. For instance, using WOA you can charge for your GHOAs, thus creating an entirely new income stream. Since it integrates with your autoresponder, you can build your email list fast.
Finding ways to brand and market live podcasts, as well as the recordings, is a great way to get the word out about your business today and for months to come.
How to Embed Live Stream into Your Blog
Click “Embed” above the video and copy and paste the code provided into your blog by adding a new post. Give it a name that fits in with your GHOA and paste it into the “Text” area of your blog. Do this prior to starting to broadcast. Be sure to make the window big enough for the layout for your blog.
You’ll have three choices of code to choose from. The Event Page is just a link you can share on social media, email or any place where people can click it and go to your Google+ page to watch your live video podcast.
The YouTube Page, if you’ve connected your account to YouTube, is the link people can use to watch it streaming live and recorded later on YouTube. This is great to send in email in case your audience is on a mobile device.
Finally, the Video Embed code can be copied and pasted into a blog post or a webpage so that people can view your streaming event live right on your website. This gives you another way to brand and share live events with your audience.