How To Use Video On Google+
We started out with Google Video, originally just a video search engine. Then, suddenly, it seemed, we all learned that Google had acquired YouTube. This merger of the world’s most powerful search engine with the world’s most popular social video platform opened up new possibilities – both for users and Google alike.
This guide is going to explore how to use video on Google+, demystifying the topic completely and leaving you with a solid, practical overview.
• How to upload videos to Google+
• How to link to YouTube
• Google video chat, know as Google+ Hangouts
And what you need to know about YouTube and Google+ integrations.
Step 1. How to upload videos to Google+
First, however, let’s start with the basics: How to upload and/or share videos with Google+. Your easiest option is to upload them to YouTube; then link to that video. There are times, however, when you might not want to link to YouTube, so let’s take a look at uploading directly into Google+ and sharing with specific people or Circles.
(Don’t bother with the Sharing prompts at this point: It’s easier if you wait till the video has uploaded.)
4. Add a caption to your Movie as it’s uploading (which takes a good few minutes – even with a small movie). Just press “enter” when you’ve finished typing in your caption. (This will not affect the upload.)
6. Your movie will appear in your feed. Now add a comment and share it with whichever Google+ Circle or people you want. Optional: check the radio box provided to the left of “Also send email to Friends” to directly notify those you want to share it with.
Just press “Upload new videos” (highlighted in green here) and follow the same steps as described from #2 onwards.
Step 2. How to link your videos to YouTube
If you prefer to upload your video to YouTube first, you can do so share it the other way round – with Google+.
YouTube is automatically integrated with Google+.
2. Type in tags (adding a comma to separate them); choose the best category… and make sure your movie setting is “Public”, in order for it to be linked with Google+.
The “g+” radio button will be checked by default for AutoShare – meaning any video you post on YouTube will automatically be shared on the social networks checked. You can also check the buttons for Facebook and Twitter too… or deselect them all, if you prefer. Sharing your video link on Google+ will place it in your stream. (If it doesn’t, share the link directly in your Google+ feed.)
Your Public videos will still be viewable on YouTube and from within Google+.