Social Media Tips
21. Be sure you don’t use any banned hashtags with your Instagram photos or videos: http://thedatapack.com/banned-hashtags-instagram/
22. Use Instagram hashtags to crowd-source user-generated content as well as extend your own reach.
23. Remember that Instagram hashtags are not case-sensitive and don’t work with spaces or special characters.
24. If your preferred social platform doesn’t have good native analytics, look for third party sites that provide it.
25. Give your new product campaign a name – and start talking about it on your social media.
27. Don’t tell everyone too much at once about your upcoming project. Mystery breeds interest! Hints and teasers are part of the fun.
28. Use surveymonkey.com to create free surveys. You can ask questions for your new product idea and share the link on social media.
29. If you’re advertising on Facebook, remember your ad images, including the thumbnail, cannot include more than 20% text.
30. Take advantage of the fact you can now use text, arrows and calls to action in Facebook Cover –photos.
31. Facebook Profile photos are square and display at 160 x 160 pixels – but remember Facebook wants you to upload at 180 x 180.
32. At the very least, include a Facebook app tab leading to your sign-up page or form (and use a clear, easy-to-read call to action.)
33. You can display 3 custom app tabs of your choice in your Facebook header section. Make the most of this “real estate”!
34. Only your short description displays in your Facebook header section, but fill
out your Profile 100% for max searchability.
35. Select “Replies On” in your Page Admin panel “Manage Permissions” section to increase the conversation on your Page.
36. If you consistently get endorsements that are not relevant on LinkedIn, be aware you can remove endorsements completely.
38. In your LinkedIn Privacy and Settings page, “Select what others see when you’ve viewed their profile” to keep it private – or not.
39. In Google+ posts, encase text in asterisks for bold and underscore it to create italics. (Share this tip!)
40. Did you know Google+ makes animated .GIFs from your photos? Just type the keyword “motion” in your Photos section to find them.
41. Use the Google+ Ripples feature to track your posts by clicking the top-right arrow in your post.ips