Ways To Use Periscope Video For Business
Whether you’re a seasoned business professional or a small business owner, you can add to your credibility and brand using live video as a storytelling tool. Periscope is an exciting new tool designed to help you do just that.
Both business owners and career professionals can utilize Periscope in a variety of ways.
- Show Insider Videos. Use Periscope to display your knowledge by demonstrating how a product is made, walking your followers through the non-secure areas of your work or sharing how a product is works.
“Sometimes a still photo and some website copy just can’t fully explain how the product works and only video will do,” Rob Watson, a digital marketing consultant at Click to Sale, recently explained. “By demonstrating your product on a Periscope broadcast, viewers can see exactly how it works. What’s more, the slightly rough- and-ready feel of Periscope makes product demonstrations feel more real and unrehearsed, giving the impression that your product really is that easy to use.”
- Live Q&A Sessions. Invite your followers to submit questions during your live broadcast. This is a great way to show your knowledge and ability to communicate with peers and clients.
- Hold Focus Groups. Periscope lets you take advantage of its live feedback so you can save time and money if you are developing a new product or service. Ask your followers to vote on its development such as color choices or give feedback on the prototype.
- Professional How Tos and Tutorials. Offer in the moment how-to broadcasts, showcasing you doing something. Or teach your followers how-to do something free.
- Showcase your digital or service offerings. Periscope allows you the chance to show off what your company has to offer. For example real estate professionals can use Periscope to broadcast open houses and reach more potential buyers.
- Live events. If your company is hosting a live event, use Periscope to bring in audiences from all over the world.
One company doing just that is StartupPop.com, a company that holds monthly startup events that allow 10 companies to pitch in front of a panel of investors. “On June 15 we ran an event in Boca Raton (Florida) where Periscope followers could watch our event live,” Dan Gudema, founder of StartupPop.com, said. “We had over 100 viewers and people who could not make it could watch. Since then I have pretty much been on Periscope about 60 minutes day.”
- Announcements. Unveiling a new product on Periscope lets followers get an inside scoop on things. For instance Mashable.com did a Periscope checking out the new iPad Pro tablet.
- Give Exclusive offers. People love discounts and giveaways. Make your customers feel special by giving them Periscope-only offers. You can track what is and isn’t working.
The uses for Periscope in your business are only limited by your imagination. The live streaming broadcast helps you connect with your potential audience in ways you’ve never been able to before.
Use Periscope to Grow your List
Periscope’s live streaming app is a powerful tool to help you grow your list and create great videos. Take advantage of this fun tool to build your list.
- Add a link to your signup form in your profile. People make the mistake of ignoring their Periscope profile. After the initial pull from Twitter is used to create your profile, you should update it. Your Periscope profile should give a good picture of what your followers can expect from your videos. Be sure to link back to your website or signup form for your email address for future updates. This gives you free organic traffic and grows your list at the same time.
- Avoid the hard sell. It’s fine to tell people to check out your link in your profile to sign up for your list. This should be a habit you do for every broadcast. Once you’ve mentioned it, though, move on to providing useful and engaging content.
- Encourage viewers to interact on Periscope. Encourage them to ask questions during the broadcast. Then do your best to answer them as helpfully as you can. You want to build trust and authority using the Periscope platform.
- Share your videos on your website and social media. Periscope lets you save your video to your phone once it’s recorded. Even though they leave it on the app for 24 hours you can put it on a page on your website devoted to your best videos. This builds authority and encourages people to visit your site and join your mailing list.
Now that you’ve seen how easy it is to use Periscope simply by downloading the app and hitting record, it’s time to put it to use.
Think about the app as another marketing tool in your arsenal. For example if you’re an author, you can use Periscope as a form of crowdsourcing. Give people what they want by asking them, bouncing ideas off of your Periscope viewers. Or use Periscope as a way to get suggestions for writing prompts.
If you’re a tangible product creator, use Periscope to announce new releases or pre-orders for upcoming products.
Affiliate marketers can use the `Scope to present reviews of products you’re an affiliate for. Show demonstrations of a tangible product or interview the creator of a digital product. Direct viewers to a blog post to learn more about the product. Then put links to the product sales page in your tweets.
Periscope may be the new kid on the block, but it’s fast becoming one of the most popular ways to engage your audience and build relationships with those you want to continue to do business with. It’s a great way to build business collaborations and partnerships. As long as you are providing relevant and engaging content to your followers, you will continue to build your tribe.
So go ahead and download the app and start `Scoping.