How To Be Found On Linkedin
The entire point of using social media is so that your target audience finds you. Simply creating a profile isn’t enough to help your audience find you. But, there are some tips that you can use to make it more likely to be found.
* Create a customized URL — On your profile you have an opportunity to create a customized URL that you can use in your signature lines, on your website, and in other places to have a way to link to your profile. But, it’s also a good way to find you. If you create a URL that helps people find you by using a keyword, you’re that much more likely to be found.
* Customize your Website Links – On LinkedIn.com they give you the opportunity to include three website links. Instead of using their format, use the customized format they offer so that you can use keywords to attract people to your profile and be found. Remember, SEO is always an important component to include if you want to be found on LinkedIn.
* Create Keyword Rich Headlines – Under your name, beside your picture on LinkedIn.com is a place for you to create a headline. Some people use sentences, or their current job title, but if you really want to be found, it’s important instead to use keywords that describe what you do instead of a job description or title. Separate the keywords and keyword phrases with the pipe “|” in order to differentiate your skills.
* Use Keywords in your Summary – Under your photograph, name and headline is an area that is called the Summary. This area is best when you use a list of bulleted keywords rather than sentences. The keywords are great for the search engines but also great for the human eye which prefers to scan quickly.
* Use Keywords in your Experience – In the area where you input your work experience it’s important to use keywords there too. Keywords will describe the expertise that you have and help people find you on LinkedIn.com.
* Turn off Privacy Features — This is key if you want to be found on LinkedIn.com or any social media for that matter. Check your privacy settings to ensure that all privacy features are turned off so that anyone can locate you on LinkedIn.com.
* Join Relevant Groups – Groups on LinkedIn.com are excellent ways to get found. It’s important that you join a lot of groups in order to be found by your target audience. However, only join a few at a time so that you can participate in the groups.
Being found on LinkedIn.com is a great way to improve your career, expand your business, and promote your products and services.