How Social Networking Grows Your Business
Social gives business owners the ability to:
- Build an online presence
- Increase website traffic
- Boost SEO
- Establish credibility
- Connect with your audience
- Glean valuable information to grow your business
Whether your online business is just starting out, or you’re a large corporation, adding social networking to your marketing strategy will help you promote and grow your business.
Options to Use Social Networking to Promote Your Business
There are a number of ways you can use social networking to promote your business. Let’s take a look at the most popular and powerful.
- Share Lessons and Experiences – Social networking is about connecting. If you have something relevant to your industry to share, share it. Start conversations and partake in them.
- Share Pictures, Audio and Video – Many social networking sites embrace visual forms of posting as well. YouTube of course is a video social networking site but even Facebook lets you link to and post audio and video messages. And Twitter developers have created picture and video sharing applications.
- Share Information – Post interesting and relevant statistics, quotes, or headlines and start a conversation. When appropriate, link to your company website.
- Drive Traffic to Your Blog or Website – Post a curiosity generating or attention grabbing headline and include a link to your website.
- Promote – Launching a new product? Announce it via social networking sites. Offering a huge holiday discount? Let people know, but use this approach with the other more relationship-building aspects of social networking. Nobody wants to follow a company that simply pushes their products.
- Advertise – Many social networking sites also sell advertising space. Facebook has run a successful advertising program for quite some time, and Twitter and Linked are in the game as well. They all offer very highly targeted opportunities to advertise your business, even if you’re on a strict budget.
Before we move into the next chapter and look at the details of how to accomplish all of the above with Twitter and Facebook, let’s take a look at a few of the most popular social networking sites.
Top Social Networking Sites
The benefits to using social networking to promote your business have a wide reach. You’ll not only connect with your audience on a new and more personal level, which is required in today’s competitive market, you’ll also reach a whole new group of people.
Couple that with the fact that social networking is extremely cost effective and your return on investment is like nothing else in your marketing toolbox. Next, we’ll take a look at two of the more powerful social networking tools, Facebook and Twitter. We’ll also take a brief look at LinkedIn.