Best Practices for Growing Your Facebook Audience
Growing your audience using Facebook Live is a great way to get the word out about your business, please your current audience, converts people to subscribers, and make more sales. There are many things to consider as you plan live events.
- Give it Some Thought – It’s important that you give a lot of thought to performing a live event before you do it. Don’t do it just because the function exists or because everyone else is doing it. Do it because you can figure out why you should do it, how to do it, and exactly what you’ll do with it.
- Have a Clear Purpose – When you do a live event you want to know exactly why you’re doing it. Are you doing it to provide more value to your audience? Are you doing it to convert subscribers to buyers? Are you doing it to promote a sale or something else entirely? When you know why you’re doing it, it’s going to be easier to ensure that you remember your calls to action.
- Use Live in Conjunction with Other Facebook Features – Remember that live isn’t just a standalone thing. You will want to start a group, do other types of updates outside of video, and create an amazing place for your audience to learn more.
- Have a Good Time – A live event should be something that is fun and exciting. It’s really kind of like having a party if you really think about it. You’re able to invite your audience right into your life with a touch of a button and share anything with them.
- Consider the Ambiance – What’s going on in the background is important as is the lighting, sound and other issues that make for a good live event. It’s important that you practice and study up on how to ensure that the background looks good along with the video itself looking and sounding good.
- Remember: Stuff Happens – Let’s make something very clear about technology. It doesn’t always work. You’re going to experience glitches and problems; this is just the way it is with technology. Sometimes it’ll work really good and other times it won’t work at all. Be prepared and laugh it off. You can always do it over.
- Put Your Audience First – Everything you do should have been passed through the lens of your audience. Will the audience enjoy it? Will the audience understand it? Is this something your audience even wants or needs? You don’t want your live events to be self-centered and all about you but rather about your audience.
- Choose the Right Time of Day – This goes back to considering your audience. What is the right time of day to do a live event that works for most of your audience? Keep in mind that events are recorded and will get a lot of play later, but if you want a truly successful live event make sure the time is right for your audience.
- Stay Positive – When you do a live event people, get to look at your face, into your eyes and see your smile. They can pick up on much more on your personality due to the fact that they can hear your voice, see your smile, and look into your eyes. This is a great way to remember that positivity goes a long way. So, even if something goes wrong, laugh it off and stay positive.
- Choose Your Audience Strategically – When you push out a live event, you can choose the audience that sees it. Ensure that you choose the right audience so that they’ll be happy to see it. Plus, the more you choose the better targeted the video will be if you’re knowledgeable about the audience in advance.
- Be Consistent – When you start any type of marketing experiment it’s important to remember that consistency is a huge factor in creating success. Be consistent about putting out regular content, be consistent about answering questions, be consistent in the branding you use to promote your business and you’ll be that much more successful.
- Repeat Your Point – When you do any type of video, it’s imperative that you remember to repeat your points. Consider the fact that not everyone is watching from start to finish. Think about how news shows work. The reporters or spokesmen state their names, what their news or point is, and they mention a call to action many times during the “show”. You should do the same.
Remember that live events always take on a life of their own. Anything can happen, and will happen. That’s great because the energy level that is created during the event will translate into an excited audience that is ready to convert.
Now that you know how important Facebook Live is in order to increase subscribers and make more sales, you’re going to want to know what to do next to get started. Thankfully, it’s mostly very simple to get started with Facebook live events.
- Download Mobile Facebook – If you don’t use Facebook on your mobile device yet, you’ll need to go ahead and download the app on your mobile device so you can do Facebook live events. It works with both iOS and Android operating systems.
- Practice – It’s important to practice. Luckily, you can do that by choosing “only me” as your audience or only a couple of your friends to find out how you look. Your video will be recorded automatically so you can see for yourself how your sound worked, how your lighting is and how it looked in general.
- Pick a Topic – If you happen to have any events coming up, or products that you want to promote, then you have a built in reason to have a live event. Work your event around that so that you have a clear purpose for your event that you can explain to your audience and set up your theme around.
- Just Do It – Yes, that’s right, now that you’ve made up your mind to do it, and you have figured out how to do it by reading about it, you need to set up a schedule and do it. The faster you get your first live event out of the way the faster you’ll be able to ensure that you’re doing all you can to build your brand using Facebook Live.
Using Facebook Live to grow your loyal audience is a savvy way to use social media to build your business. Facebook Live makes it fun and profitable because it’s simple to use and is on a platform