Building Your Social Media Team
You may not realize it but those six-figure marketers and social media rock-stars don’t do everything themselves. Smart business owners surround themselves with smart people who can help them attain their goals. You can learn from these smart business owners and build your social media team, right from the start.
Now that you know one of the biggest secrets about successful social marketing, you can start building your team. But first, you’ll want to learn how to set goals, hire people that are perfect for your team, evaluate results, and set goals, among other things.
The very first thing you must do in order to put together the right team for your business is to define your goals for your audience, products, services, social engagement, and more. Setting goals is important because you need to set conversion goals that are numerical so that they can be easily tracked.
Let’s look at some examples:
- Audience – You’ll need to know who your audience is, what they need from you, and where they hang out. Plus you’ll need to know how big the entire audience is so that you can know how many you can attract to your social media networks and what is a reasonable amount to spend to capture as large a percentage of the total audience as possible.
- Products – If you’re selling products, you need to know how many you need to sell to break even. If you have a deep and wide product funnel, you’ll likely make more money if one sale of one of the products puts your customer on the right list to bring them through your product funnel.
- Services – Many service providers don’t realize the importance of a strong social media presence. But, remember. Customers buy from people that they know, like, and trust. Whether the customer buys a shirt or a laundry service plan, the fact holds true. However, many people find that the “know, like, and trust” factors can hold greater significance if the buyer needs to spend time with the service provider. A strong social presence can help you build those relationships.
- Engagement – One of the goals of all social media interaction is Engagement can lead to sales faster than other methods because of the emotional and trust factors. If you interact and engage using the right social media strategies, your business will flourish. You need help to do this. Finding the right service provider who understands the importance of real-time engagement can make a huge difference to your reputation and your bottom line.
Anytime you have any conversion goals, you need to look for an expert. For example, if you want to make more sales, find a social media expert who is good at creating ads, landing pages, and then translating that into social media promotions or campaigns.
Get to Know Influencers within Your Niche
Get to now the influencers within your niche. These are the people you go to for the latest news regarding your niche. Ask them if they can recommend a social media specialist or manager. You may even luck up and get to hire their social media manager, since most service providers have multiple customers and clients.
This will allow you to leverage the knowledge of those who have gone before you. A social media specialist or manager who works with the movers and shakers is probably going to be knowledgeable and gets good results. That might be exactly what you need.
- Who Are They? – Even if you don’t know who the movers and shakers are, you can locate them. One way to find them is to follow your audience and your competition on social media to see who they follow and where they get their information.
- How Can You Connect? – Go to their websites, join their mailing lists, and join them on social media so that you can get to know them. Participate and engage with the influencers and then you can simply ask them who they recommend.
Getting to know the influencers within your niche is an imperative that everyone who wants to be successful building a social media community and team needs to know. One thing is clear about being successful. You do not need to reinvent the wheel. Someone has already done this and paved a path for you to follow. Find those people, follow them, and engage with them.