Where To Find Social Media Team Members
Finding the right person to fill a particular role may take a little time and effort but it’ll be worth it. Determining what needs to be done, and who will do it is the hardest part of the equation. But once it’s all in place your business should run like clockwork. First, you have to know where to look.
- Ask Your Colleagues – Fellow business owners and JV partners can often be the best place to go to find the best people. Ask who they recommend, as soon as you have defined the team member’s role and responsibilities.
- HootSuite.com – If certification and knowledge of HootSuite.com are important you can check out this social media consultant directory of people who have completed training and been certified by HootSuite.com.
- Upwork.com – This a good place to find a variety of team members. They also have a way to manage payment to make sure you receive the service you pay for. If you never or seldom worked with service providers, hiring people on a project-by-project basis allows you to learn the ropes as your projects are completed.
- Vanetworking.com – You can list your position with VA networking. Even if the position isn’t a “traditional” VA job, this is a great place to find qualified service providers.
- CloudPeeps.com – If you want to hire a social media manager this is a great place to find someone who fits the bill. With their system, you can request free proposals, or search based on your budget.
However, you choose to find your team, take the time to develop each role fully so that you know without a doubt what you want them to do. Then take the time to interview more than one person, give them a short test run, and then go from there. You’ll be glad you did.
Building your social media team might seem daunting to start with, especially if you’re not sure of the terminology. But, by learning about service/product providers, as well as defining your goals, roles, and expectations, you can build an awesome team that helps you work and profit more than ever before.