Actively Participate After All Social Media Is Social
Read that again. Social media is social. Therefore, while automation is awesome, itâ€™s not everything. Find time each day to go through your social accounts (maybe one per day) and look for questions that need answered. The more you can answer questions the more people will notice and trust you.
- Stick to a Schedule â€“ If you have no plan you may waste time. After all, there is no better time sucker than social media. If you want to be super productive, set up a schedule and stick to it for posting, sharing, and engaging.
- Donâ€™t be a Spammer â€“ Each social network has its own unspoken rules when it comes to how often you share a post. The trick is to share it in a different way. It can be the same link, but you can describe it differently in your blurb.
- Optimize Your Content â€“ Everything that you publish, no matter where, should be optimized. That means it should have the right words that get the attention of your audience (keywords), and a call to action. Plus the page should load fast and everything should work. Also, each network has its own way to show content, ensure that you understand the images sizes and the rules.
- Engage With Your Audience â€“ You want to post regularly, plus you want to engage with others on their pages as well as answer comments on your posts. If you post something and it gets even 1 comment, be sure to comment back.
- Check Your Metrics â€“ Nothing is complete until the data is checked. You never know what is working if you donâ€™t check the numbers. You need to know where all the clicks come from that go to your website so that you know that what youâ€™re doing on social media is working. Otherwise, why do it?
As an active participant, youâ€™ll also learn how to use the network better. After all, each network has its own special flavor that youâ€™ll need to get to know in order to use it to its utmost traffic generating level.
Cross Promote Networks & Your Blog
You have a lot of ability to cross promote your blog and your social media so that the traffic runs both ways. The reason you want to do that is that those who already love your offerings and are fans will, once they follow you on social media will share your info with their friends.
- Help Your Audience Promote You — There is a lot of technology that helps you automate some things. Help your audience automate how they can share throughout all your blog posts, articles, and other content. For example, you can add the ability to Tweet out various quotes from your content.
- Create Groups â€“ On LinkedIn.com and Facebook.com, you can create your very own group that you are in charge of. This is a great way to build a loyal, social-media audience that takes action on your content.
- Collect Email Addressesâ€” On Facebook, you can now create a way for your audience to sign up for your email list right from social media. Then, you can send them messages in email that send them back to your website.
- Create a New Email Signature â€“ When you send out emails, there is a great opportunity to let your audience know about your social networks and other things youâ€™re doing at the end of your message in the signature line.
Cross promote on multiple channels. Youâ€™ll be glad you did. It might seem redundant but itâ€™s a great way to help expand your brand and reach without a lot of extra work.